The International Microwave Symposium is the most prestigious conference in the field of RF and microwave engineering. Each year it attracts thousands of people from all over the world. The organization of this symposium requires the work of dozens of people. And the student volunteers are one of the essential elements which ensure the success of this conference.
The Application Form is now available. The deadline is 1 May 2014.
To be eligible as a student volunteer, you must:
- be enrolled as a full‐time or part‐time undergraduate or graduate student at a university;
- be friendly, punctual, and willing to serve;
- complete and submit the student volunteer application by Thursday, 1 May 2014;
- work a minimum of 2 full days (4 half days).
Benefits of being a student volunteer
There are several benefits of being a volunteer:
- Eligible volunteers will receive free registration (details will be sent to volunteers by email).
- Eligible volunteers will receive a free workshop for each full day of additional work (half day for a half day workshop).
- Food and beverages will be provided during hours of service, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- All volunteers will be eligible to win great raffle prizes and have the opportunity to attend special events.
- All volunteers are invited to attend the Student Reception and the Student Awards Luncheon.
- Volunteering is a good way to explore being active in your professional society.
Overview of volunteer duties
Student volunteers are absolutely key to the daily conference logistics and operations. Student volunteers will be asked to:
- provide organizational assistance for technical workshops, forums, panels, competitions or interactive sessions;
- distribute workshop/short course materials to IMS2014 participants;
- assist with check‐in to short courses, workshops and technical sessions;
- greet workshop attendees and, possibly, answer a few questions.
Applications are being accepted using this form for the student volunteer program: deadline 1 May 2014.